25 Aug TOP 10 TIPS THAT CAN FIRE UP YOUR LOCAL SEO
Top 10 Tips That Can Fire Up Your Local SEO
- Small local businesses can compete with big businesses by doing local SEO since the earliest days or with businesses featuring auto-generated local listings.
- The ever-changing ranking factors raise the bar higher and higher for local businesses.
- The following local SEO tips will give you some advantage over your nearest competitors.
#Include Location Pages to Your Website
- Having a designated lending page for each of your business locations is excellent for your local SEO efforts.
- That makes it easy for search engines to pinpoint your listing and send the right location to the searcher.
#2 Update GMB
- Updated with accurate info Google My Business account is essential for local SEO. It doesn’t just keep your basic business information accurate, but it also looks visually pleasing.
- You can upload your logo on your avatar, add photos of your products in high resolution, as well as exterior and interior photos of your business premises.
#3 Claim All Listings
- It is essential to claim every listing with your business name; make sure that every piece of information on the listings is up-to-date, and there aren’t duplicates.
- To speed up the process, you can use tools such as Moz Local which can help you swiftly detect all listings that contain your business name.
#4 Use Google’s Keyword Planner to Identify Relevant Keywords
- Use Google’s keyword planner, a free tool that allows you to find all the relevant keywords used by your targeted audience to find companies and services within your niche.
- You can base your local SEO strategy on those keywords. For best results search for high search volume keywords featuring low competition.
#5 Make the Most of Social Media
- Many don’t know that it can be very beneficial to local SEO as Google crawls and draw data from social platforms. That’s why you need to keep your social profiles current.
- Google will crawl Facebook pages, LinkedIn, Twitter, or even your YouTube profile.
#6 Implement Local Link Building as Part of Your Local SEO Strategy
- Earn links from authoritative websites in your nearby area related to your niche. This is one of the most important strategies for any successful local SEO.
#7 Aquire Backlinks from Business Partners
- Let them know that by adding your link they will be doing you a massive favour. It’s free, so it’s kind of no brainer on their side.
- You can also offer to add their links on your website, so it’s win-win on both sides.
#8 Focus on Local Content
- Add content that is relevant to your local customers and specific for your area.
- Add new content regularly for the best results. This is also super important for local SEO in acquiring backlinks.
#9 Attain Positive Google Reviews
- Great reviews not only allow for your listing to stand out, but they are an essential ranking factor.
- When searchers see a bunch of five-star reviews, they know that they are looking at a reputable business that is highly recommended by its customers.
#10 NAP Consistency
- If you want search engines to provide your business to searchers, the name of your business, address, and phone number (NAP) need to be the same on every listing. Your business name needs to include Inc, Co., or LLC.
- Additionally, keep an eye on how suite numbers, street, and road are written on the listings. You can check all that via the Moz Local search tool and make the proper adjustments if needed.